The 19 Best Quotes On Equality
1. Before God, we are all equally wise, and equally foolish. -Albert Einstein
2. Equality is the soul of liberty; there is, in fact, no liberty without it. -Frances Wright
3. These men ask for just the same thing: fairness, and fairness only. This is, so far as in my power, they, and all others, shall have. -Abraham Lincoln
4. From the equality of rights springs identity of our highest interests; you cannot subvert your neighbor's rights without striking a dangerous blow at your own. -Carl Shurz
5. Do not call for black power or green power. Call for brain power. -Barbara Jordan
6. Equality is not in regarding different things similarly, equality is in regarding different things differently. -Tom Robbins
7. Women's rights is not only an abstraction, a cause; it is also a personal affair. It is not only about us; it is also about me and you. Just the two of us. -Toni Morrison
8. If we were to select the most intelligent, imaginative, energetic, and emotionally stable third of mankind, all races would be present. -Franz Boas
9. Equal pay isn't just a women's issue; when women get equal pay, their family incomes rise and the whole family benefits. -Mike Honda
10. The word 'equality' shows up too much in our founding documents for anyone to pretend it's not the American way. -Martha Plimpton
11. Marriage equality is about more than just marriage. It's about something greater. It's about acceptance. -Charlize Theron
12. I never doubted that equal rights was the right direction. Most reforms, most problems are complicated. But to me there is nothing complicated about ordinary equality. -Alice Paul
13. Half a century ago, the amazing courage of Rosa Parks, the visionary leadership of Martin Luther King, and the inspirational actions of the civil rights movement led politicians to write equality into the law and make real the promise of America for all her citizens. -David Cameron
14. In science, all facts, no matter how trivial or banal, enjoy democratic equality. -Mary McCarthy
15. Equality implies individuality. -Trey Anastasio
16. Equality means nothing unless incorporated into the institutions. -Slobodan Milosevic
17. Until we get equality in education, we won't have an equal society. -Sonia Sotomayor
18. Martin Luther King, Jr. didn't carry just a piece of cloth to symbolize his belief in racial equality; he carried the American flag. - Adrian Cronauer
19. Candor is a compliment; it implies equality. It's how true friends talk. -Peggy Noonan
Inclusion Films, started by veteran filmmaker Joey Travolta (brother of actor John Travolta) in 2007, is a teaching studio for aspiring filmmakers with developmental disabilities.
BUILD is a non-profit organization that uses entrepreneurship to ignite the potential of the youth who are most at-risk of dropping out of high school. More specifically, BUILD supplements traditional education with the skills to develop and run their own small businesses.
They're known around the world for their viral Flashmob Spinning Marriage Proposal video and with the wedding quickly approaching, Adam Keller & Jared Marinelli are kicking it into high-gear to get all the last minute details done for their big day!
Every two years Greenfield Hill Congregational Church in Fairfield, Connecticut displays thousands of flags in honor and remembrance of the American men and women who've fallen in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. The site is truly amazing!
Tracy's Dogs is a not-for-profit National Rescue & Transport Initiative for shelter dogs. The focus of the program is to rescue and rehabilitate dogs with pending euthanasia dates residing in kill shelters with the hope of putting them up for adoption to find forever homes!
Therapeutic horseback riding can make all the difference! A New Canaan, CT-based therapeutic riding program called New Canaan Mounted Troop, not only helps kids and adults build leadership, responsibility, and confidence through sound horsemanship, but it also enriches the lives of individuals with special needs through equine-assisted activities.