The 19 Best Quotes On Equality
On this day 55 years ago, Martin Luther King Jr. inspired the world with his words in his "I Have a Dream" speech and helped make his dream of equality a reality. In honor of one of the most influential people in the fight for equality, we give you 19 of the best quotes on equality.
1. Before God, we are all equally wise, and equally foolish. -Albert Einstein
2. Equality is the soul of liberty; there is, in fact, no liberty without it. -Frances Wright
3. These men ask for just the same thing: fairness, and fairness only. This is, so far as in my power, they, and all others, shall have. -Abraham Lincoln
4. From the equality of rights springs identity of our highest interests; you cannot subvert your neighbor's rights without striking a dangerous blow at your own. -Carl Shurz
5. Do not call for black power or green power. Call for brain power. -Barbara Jordan
6. Equality is not in regarding different things similarly, equality is in regarding different things differently. -Tom Robbins
7. Women's rights is not only an abstraction, a cause; it is also a personal affair. It is not only about us; it is also about me and you. Just the two of us. -Toni Morrison
8. If we were to select the most intelligent, imaginative, energetic, and emotionally stable third of mankind, all races would be present. -Franz Boas
9. Equal pay isn't just a women's issue; when women get equal pay, their family incomes rise and the whole family benefits. -Mike Honda
10. The word 'equality' shows up too much in our founding documents for anyone to pretend it's not the American way. -Martha Plimpton
11. Marriage equality is about more than just marriage. It's about something greater. It's about acceptance. -Charlize Theron
12. I never doubted that equal rights was the right direction. Most reforms, most problems are complicated. But to me there is nothing complicated about ordinary equality. -Alice Paul
13. Half a century ago, the amazing courage of Rosa Parks, the visionary leadership of Martin Luther King, and the inspirational actions of the civil rights movement led politicians to write equality into the law and make real the promise of America for all her citizens. -David Cameron
14. In science, all facts, no matter how trivial or banal, enjoy democratic equality. -Mary McCarthy
15. Equality implies individuality. -Trey Anastasio
16. Equality means nothing unless incorporated into the institutions. -Slobodan Milosevic
17. Until we get equality in education, we won't have an equal society. -Sonia Sotomayor
18. Martin Luther King, Jr. didn't carry just a piece of cloth to symbolize his belief in racial equality; he carried the American flag. - Adrian Cronauer
19. Candor is a compliment; it implies equality. It's how true friends talk. -Peggy Noonan
You may know a lot about your faith, but did you ever take the time to get to know your clergy leaders? Although we look to them for religious and spiritual guidance, we often overlook the human spirit that lies underneath the robes! Believe it or not, they are just like you and me! In Clergy Chronicles: The Side You Never See, a unique original series, HooplaHa unveils the human perspective on our spiritual leaders' joys in life that really make them smile.
Air Hollywood is the world's largest aviation-themed entertainment studio, but that's not the only feature that makes it special. Every year, for one night only, Air Hollywood opens its hangar to the public for a special event called Open Sky for Autism.
Estella, the Guinea Pig has had a very traumatic life. 2 years ago she and her friend Pip were abandoned by her owners; injured and left on the side of the road in California. It was soon discovered that Estella was paralyzed. She was squeezed so hard by her previous owner that her back broke and since then she's been having to carry her lower body with all her upper body strength. But through it all, she's had all the support she needed from her friend, Pip and the Harvest Home Animal Sanctuary of Stockton, CA.
Started as a social experiment in Venice Beach, California, the Community Healing Gardens has grown into so much more. Co-founder Nicole Landers initially wanted to develop a framework for introducing new and long-standing residents of her neighborhood to one another, and her mind made a natural leap.
We've met a lot of amazing organizations and non-profits over the years, especially ones that do amazing things to help shelter dogs, who are close to euthanasia, find love and forever homes. Some of these organizations are small and community based, while others cover a larger regional or national footprint. No matter their size, what they do to support these dogs is nothing short of inspirational.
The Trenton Thunder, a minor league baseball affiliate of the NY Yankees, has an unusual way of getting through the dog days of summer. If you attend their home games, you will find Golden Retrievers serving as the "bat dogs" and mascots for the minor league baseball team.
Do you ever wonder how veterans cope with life once they come home from combat? After being trained to be on high-alert 24/7, what's it like for them to integrate back into everyday society? It raises the question: our military members protect us, but who protects them?
Jack Cunningham is a normal kid. He does well in school. He loves playing sports and hanging out with friends and family. He also happens to be missing both of his legs... But he hasn't let his condition stop him from living life to the fullest.