The 19 Best Quotes On Equality
On this day 55 years ago, Martin Luther King Jr. inspired the world with his words in his "I Have a Dream" speech and helped make his dream of equality a reality. In honor of one of the most influential people in the fight for equality, we give you 19 of the best quotes on equality.
1. Before God, we are all equally wise, and equally foolish. -Albert Einstein
2. Equality is the soul of liberty; there is, in fact, no liberty without it. -Frances Wright
3. These men ask for just the same thing: fairness, and fairness only. This is, so far as in my power, they, and all others, shall have. -Abraham Lincoln
4. From the equality of rights springs identity of our highest interests; you cannot subvert your neighbor's rights without striking a dangerous blow at your own. -Carl Shurz
5. Do not call for black power or green power. Call for brain power. -Barbara Jordan
6. Equality is not in regarding different things similarly, equality is in regarding different things differently. -Tom Robbins
7. Women's rights is not only an abstraction, a cause; it is also a personal affair. It is not only about us; it is also about me and you. Just the two of us. -Toni Morrison
8. If we were to select the most intelligent, imaginative, energetic, and emotionally stable third of mankind, all races would be present. -Franz Boas
9. Equal pay isn't just a women's issue; when women get equal pay, their family incomes rise and the whole family benefits. -Mike Honda
10. The word 'equality' shows up too much in our founding documents for anyone to pretend it's not the American way. -Martha Plimpton
11. Marriage equality is about more than just marriage. It's about something greater. It's about acceptance. -Charlize Theron
12. I never doubted that equal rights was the right direction. Most reforms, most problems are complicated. But to me there is nothing complicated about ordinary equality. -Alice Paul
13. Half a century ago, the amazing courage of Rosa Parks, the visionary leadership of Martin Luther King, and the inspirational actions of the civil rights movement led politicians to write equality into the law and make real the promise of America for all her citizens. -David Cameron
14. In science, all facts, no matter how trivial or banal, enjoy democratic equality. -Mary McCarthy
15. Equality implies individuality. -Trey Anastasio
16. Equality means nothing unless incorporated into the institutions. -Slobodan Milosevic
17. Until we get equality in education, we won't have an equal society. -Sonia Sotomayor
18. Martin Luther King, Jr. didn't carry just a piece of cloth to symbolize his belief in racial equality; he carried the American flag. - Adrian Cronauer
19. Candor is a compliment; it implies equality. It's how true friends talk. -Peggy Noonan
TV personality and mother of 2, Marysol Castro shares stories that highlight the good in the world! This week Marysol shares feel-good stories including a ball pit that has its community smiling and a deserving lunch lady who gets an unbelievable surprise, as well as a couple other unexpecting stories that you have to see to believe! Watch the full video now at www.onlygood.tv!
Barbara Ann Michaels, known as 'Jester of the Peace', is a wedding officiant who specializes in unique, one-of-a-kind wedding ceremonies. In this video, Barbara weds Sharon and Eli, a lesbian couple throwing a vibrant rainbow themed wedding in Central Park!
We all love win-win situations, right? Well, an initiative of the Humane Society of Broward County (HSBC) that we're featuring today takes it to the next level: it's a win-win-win!
Art classes allow young people to express themselves in important ways. Unfortunately, arts education is disappearing from schools in America; since 2008, 80% of school districts have cut funding for art programs. Simultaneously, student creativity scores have dropped. Fortunately, there are people and groups out there fighting to keep arts education present and vibrant in schools across the country.
Tennis is a popular and fun pastime, in that it requires mental focus and athletic ability. But due to the cost of equipment and court time, lots of kids never get the chance to try their hand at the sport. Leaders of the Junior Tennis Champion Center (JTCC) recognized this cost challenge, and decided to do something to change it. In 2009, JTCC launched a Community Outreach initiative, with the goal of introducing underserved kids in Prince George's County, MD, and Washington, DC to tennis. And the program has become an indisputable success.
What's more fun than watching a fashion show? How about a fashion show featuring incredibly cute dogs??
Jim Curtis is an award-winning health industry pioneer. But reaching the pinnacle of success, as he has today, was no cake-walk. Only after accepting the curveballs and challenges that life threw his way could Jim find happiness and thrive in his career.
The inaugural Universal FanCon (FanCon) is the first large-scale, 24-hour, inclusive event that celebrates the diversity of fans, the diversity of fandom, the true needs of those who love pop culture and a celebration of the differences that make us strong. Hosted at the Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, MD, April 27-29, 2018, FanCon's mission is to create a sense of belonging by providing authentic connections and experiences through fan-centric parties, programs, panels and partners.