Forget About Your Troubles With These Soothing Sights And Sounds Of Nature
Do you believe that time spent out in nature adds to your overall happiness? We do. As you listen to sounds of trees, water, and wind and see beautiful views of Mother Nature, we will show you the true meaning of the saying that "the earth has music for those who listen.
1) Go out, go out I beg of you
And taste the beauty of the wild.
Behold the miracle of the earth
With all the wonder of a child. - Edna Jaques
2) The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely, or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature, and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy amidst the simple beauty of nature... I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles. - Anne Frank
3) Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. -Albert Einstein
4) Nature has given the opportunity of happiness to all, knew they but how to use it.- Claudian
5) I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, "This is what it is to be happy."
― Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
6) There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more
― George Gordon Byron
7) Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you." - Frank Lloyd Wright
8) We do not see nature with our eyes, but with our understandings and our hearts.- William Hazlett
9) Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
This HooplaHa original video was edited by HooplaHa's Intern Blake Rozelle. Special thanks to Ella Evans-Aguiar for writing the video script. To see more inspiring videos, follow us on Facebook and sign up for our Only Good News Newsletter.
In A Dog's Journey Home, see the dedicated Tracy's Dogs team in action, led by Tracy Whyatt, as they work tirelessly to save the lives of thousands of dogs and find them proper homes across the country. In this emotional episode, see the team save dozens of dogs from a "kill shelter" in San Antonio and bring them to meet the owners of their new forever homes in Buffalo, New York. Watch the full story only at onlygood.tv!
"The best way I have always put it is: If you wake up in the morning, and you have cancer and you don't feel well, you can call into work and say 'Hey, I have cancer, I don't feel well,' and everyone understands. You are told to rest and not worry. Now, try to call into work and say, 'My anxiety is so bad. I can't do this today.' In that case, you are told to get it together and get to work. How is that possible? How are these two conditions, which are both life threatening, treated so differently?"
While serving in Afghanistan in 2010, Marine Corporal Juan Dominquez lost both legs and his right arm in an explosion. He may have lost 3 limbs, but it hasn't stopped him from pursuing his dreams.
Art classes allow young people to express themselves in important ways. Unfortunately, arts education is disappearing from schools in America; since 2008, 80% of school districts have cut funding for art programs. Simultaneously, student creativity scores have dropped. Fortunately, there are people and groups out there fighting to keep arts education present and vibrant in schools across the country.
Tennis is a popular and fun pastime, in that it requires mental focus and athletic ability. But due to the cost of equipment and court time, lots of kids never get the chance to try their hand at the sport. Leaders of the Junior Tennis Champion Center (JTCC) recognized this cost challenge, and decided to do something to change it. In 2009, JTCC launched a Community Outreach initiative, with the goal of introducing underserved kids in Prince George's County, MD, and Washington, DC to tennis. And the program has become an indisputable success.
What's more fun than watching a fashion show? How about a fashion show featuring incredibly cute dogs??
Jim Curtis is an award-winning health industry pioneer. But reaching the pinnacle of success, as he has today, was no cake-walk. Only after accepting the curveballs and challenges that life threw his way could Jim find happiness and thrive in his career.
The inaugural Universal FanCon (FanCon) is the first large-scale, 24-hour, inclusive event that celebrates the diversity of fans, the diversity of fandom, the true needs of those who love pop culture and a celebration of the differences that make us strong. Hosted at the Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, MD, April 27-29, 2018, FanCon's mission is to create a sense of belonging by providing authentic connections and experiences through fan-centric parties, programs, panels and partners.