Forget About Your Troubles With These Soothing Sights And Sounds Of Nature
Do you believe that time spent out in nature adds to your overall happiness? We do. As you listen to sounds of trees, water, and wind and see beautiful views of Mother Nature, we will show you the true meaning of the saying that "the earth has music for those who listen.
1) Go out, go out I beg of you
And taste the beauty of the wild.
Behold the miracle of the earth
With all the wonder of a child. - Edna Jaques
2) The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely, or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature, and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy amidst the simple beauty of nature... I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles. - Anne Frank
3) Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. -Albert Einstein
4) Nature has given the opportunity of happiness to all, knew they but how to use it.- Claudian
5) I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, "This is what it is to be happy."
― Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
6) There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more
― George Gordon Byron
7) Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you." - Frank Lloyd Wright
8) We do not see nature with our eyes, but with our understandings and our hearts.- William Hazlett
9) Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
This HooplaHa original video was edited by HooplaHa's Intern Blake Rozelle. Special thanks to Ella Evans-Aguiar for writing the video script. To see more inspiring videos, follow us on Facebook and sign up for our Only Good News Newsletter.
What's the secret of lasting love? Meet Sandy and Jerry Ziering and Martha and Larry Aasen, two couples who have been married for 58 and 60 years respectively, as they share their stories of dating, their wedding day and how they continue to make love last after so many years.
Theirs was possibly the "viral" engagement ever. And now that they've sealed the deal, Adam and Jared have generously invited us all to join in their 'Joy Story' yet again by watching the video of their incredible wedding!
The first time that Juan Dominguez was able to really use his new legs was when he walked down the aisle with Alexis, his brand-new bride.
"There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment," says Sarah Dessen, author of The Truth About Forever. These 3 love stories—amazing, inspiring, and totally unique—give credence to the idea that love emerges and grows in an infinite number of ways.
While we can't control every factor that affects our happiness, there are always some actions we can take to amp up our good vibes. Consider trying a few of these -- or all of them! -- anytime you need to give your day a little boost.
At the age of 24, Shilamida felt that she had found success: she was earning a six-figure income and had a nice boyfriend. But just 2 years, everything seemed to fall apart. Her relationship ended shortly before she discovered she was pregnant. Her father passed away from cancer and her mother had been diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time; Shilamida found herself as a single mother and was living in poverty. This was rock bottom.
The author Chuck Klosterman said, "Art and love are the same thing: It's the process of seeing yourself in things that are not you." This idea—that our identities are necessarily reflected in our art—runs through the veins of three artists we spoke to about their work. Each of these artists is demonstrating that in order to live life to the fullest you must pursue what makes your soul sing.