After quitting her job to travel the world for a year, this woman found her passion… in bringing life-changing care to the world's orphans.
Caroline Boudreaux founded Miracle Foundation on Mother's Day in 2000 with the goal of empowering orphans to reach their full potential. This Austin, Texas-based non-profit organization is ensuring that orphans have the same opportunities as every other child.
Caroline's story of why she started Miracle Foundation is one that inspires everyone who hears it.
"When I was 30, I had a career in television advertising and I was living large... interestingly though, I was empty on the inside, so one night my best friend and I decided to quit our jobs and travel the world for a year. That's how we ended up in India... I'm walking around this village and realized that this is what poverty looks like... 110 filthy, bald, starving children. I had never seen anything like it... I thought somebody better help these kids... That's when I decided to start Miracle Foundation," says Caroline Boudreaux, founder of Miracle Foundation.
Miracle Foundation is improving the quality of care in existing institutions by training displaced women to become mothers and funding scholarships for education. They help find orphans loving homes, thus reducing the number of children in orphanages around the world, and they base their ethics and foundation off of the "12 Rights of Every Child."
- The Right to Live in a Family Environment
- The Right to a Stable, Loving and Nurturing Environment
- The Right to Healthcare & Nutrition
- The Right to Clean Water, Electrical Power, and Safe Environment
- The Right to a Quality Education
- The Right to Equal Opportunities
- The Right to Guidance from a Caring Adult
- The Right to be Heard and Participate in Decisions that Affect Them
- The Right to be Prepared for Active and Responsible Citizenship
- The Right to be Protected from Abuse and Neglect
- The Right to Dignity and Freedom
- The Right to Spiritual Development
"I started the miracle foundation so people like me and you can make a difference in the lives of children who really need our help," says Caroline.
To help in Caroline's mission to empower orphans, visit https://www.miraclefoundation.org/.