A St. Patty's Day Meal That Will Leave You Wanting More!
Thanks to stars of Twin Sisters, Love, and Cooking, Joy & Judy, we all can eat a deliciously healthy meal this St. Patty's day.
Corned Beef Burgers
- 1 1/2 lbs corned beef
- 11⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1⁄3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 eggs Extra virgin olive oil
- Onion roll or hamburger bun, rye bread
- horseradish mayonnaise (recipe below, but you can use store bought): 8 tablespoon real mayonnaise 4 teaspoon freshly grated horseradish root ( or prepared store bought) salt & pepper to taste
- Guinness sautéed onions, optional (recipe below):
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Guinness
- Slice your onions into 1/4 inch thick slices. Melt butter and olive oil together in a medium sized pan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and as soon as it starts to make bubbles, should only be a minute, toss in onions. Pour in Guinness and toss onions until coated. Turn heat down to low and let simmer, tossing every little while, for about 45 minutes. Onions are done when they're clear and dark in color. Taste, re season if necessary and enjoy!
- Preheat the grill or cast iron skillet on medium high.
- Place corned beef slices in food processor and pulse for a few seconds to shred. In a medium-size bowl, combine the shredded corned beef, salt, cayenne pepper and parsley and eggs. Divide the mix into four equal portions and form four (1/4-inch to 1⁄3-inch thick) burgers.
- Brush each side with olive oil. Grill (or cook in skillet) for three minutes to four minutes per side to achieve a medium-well done burger.
- To serve, place 1 tablespoon horseradish mayonnaise on the bottom half of each onion roll, then the patty. Top with one teaspoon more of the horseradish mayonnaise and serve with coleslaw. Try the Guinness onions too!!Serves 4.
And for dessert...
Double Chocolate Irish Cream Cupcakes
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) plain devil's food cake mix
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup baileys Irish cream
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can prepared frosting, chocolate
- 3 teaspoons liqueur Blend and frost!!!
Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with liners. Place the cake mix, cocoa, liqueur, buttermilk, oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 2 minutes. Spoon about 1/4 c of batter into each liner and bake for about 15-17 minutes. cool completely and frost with Chocolate Irish Cream Frosting!!!
More Great Videos