Dedicating alone time can have amazing benefits in your life as you release any worries of pleasing others and focus entirely on yourself. Whether you are learning a new skill, mastering your craft or simply relaxing after a long day, spending time alone can benefit you in many ways. Here are 14 reasons why you should consider spending more time alone:
1) Meditate - Read the fourteen scientifically proven ways meditation rewires your brain for happiness, peace, and success here.
2) Breathe - Deep breathing reduces the stress response and anxiety in your body.
3) Think - Solitude is reported to help the unconscious to process and unravel problems.
4) Create - Individuals who spend time alone are able to think creatively and develop new ideas.
5) Read - Reading a novel may cause changes in resting-state connectivity of the brain therefore improving function.
6) Listen - Listening to music has been found to lower the production of the stress hormone cortisol in the brain.
7) Write - Journaling for 20 minutes a day helps adults heal faster after a necessary procedure.
8) Reflect - Studies show that reviewing your progress helps improve effectiveness in process.
9) Hike - After spending 4 days immersed in nature, 56 adult participants experienced improved performance on a creative problem-solving task by 50%.
10) Plan - Research shows that when using intentional language when setting goals has a positive impact on achieving them.
11) Sleep - Research suggests a 90-minute nap can improve associative memory and could benefit the brain's hippocampus region.
12) Exercise - The risk for dementia is lowered by regular exercise and increases the size of of the anterior hippocampus, which improves spatial memory.
13) Work - It was found that making progress in your work is the easiest way to improve your work day.
14) Imagine - A study found that daydreaming can lead to increases in productivity and creativity.
Here's the full infographic from GetVoip.com.