13 Pieces of Wisdom From Martin Luther King Jr.
Martin Luther King Jr. was a very smart man, who knew how to motivate and inspire a whole nation. Don't miss his 13 pieces of wisdom.
1) Change: Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom.
2) The future: I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit together at the table of brotherhood.
3) Faith: Faith is taking the first step without seeing the whole staircase.
4) Hate: I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
5) Being taken advantage of: A man can't ride on you unless your back is bent.
6) Support: In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
7) Dishonesty: A lie cannot live.
8) Goodness: I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.
9) Collaboration: We must learn to live together as brothers, or perish as fools.
10) Impression: I look to a day when people will be judged not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
11) Justice: An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
12) Contribution: Life's most persistant and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'
13) Resolution: I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.
If you loved this, don't miss MLK's famous speech, "I Have a Dream." Watch it here.
TV personality and mother of 2, Marysol Castro shares stories that highlight the good in the world! This week Marysol shares feel-good stories including a dog who can perform CPR and a man who's traveling the country cutting lawns for free. Watch the full video at https://onlygood.vhx.tv/the-weekly-good-with-marys....
After surviving ovarian cancer, Caly Bevier got a once-in-a-lifetime chance to perform on The Ellen Show and on America's Got Talent. On this episode of Caly on the Good, see Caly (and her girlfriend Sam) attend the Ovacome Annual Gala "UnMasque! THE TEAL REVEAL", an annual fundraiser that honors and celebrates ovarian cancer survivors. Watch as she moves the room with Rachel Platten's Fight Song and her acceptance speech for the 2018 Ovacome Excellence Award. Watch the full video at www.onlygood.tv!
Celebrity shoe designer Taryn Rose is both a doctor and a fashionista. In 1998, Taryn changed the footwear industry when she created shoes that were both fashionable and good for your feet! Recently, she teamed up with non-profit "Delivering Good" to donate 5,000 pairs of comfy black pumps to women in need with the goal of making them feel comfortable re-entering the workforce. Watch the full video on www.onlygood.tv!
Art classes allow young people to express themselves in important ways. Unfortunately, arts education is disappearing from schools in America; since 2008, 80% of school districts have cut funding for art programs. Simultaneously, student creativity scores have dropped. Fortunately, there are people and groups out there fighting to keep arts education present and vibrant in schools across the country.
Tennis is a popular and fun pastime, in that it requires mental focus and athletic ability. But due to the cost of equipment and court time, lots of kids never get the chance to try their hand at the sport. Leaders of the Junior Tennis Champion Center (JTCC) recognized this cost challenge, and decided to do something to change it. In 2009, JTCC launched a Community Outreach initiative, with the goal of introducing underserved kids in Prince George's County, MD, and Washington, DC to tennis. And the program has become an indisputable success.
What's more fun than watching a fashion show? How about a fashion show featuring incredibly cute dogs??
Jim Curtis is an award-winning health industry pioneer. But reaching the pinnacle of success, as he has today, was no cake-walk. Only after accepting the curveballs and challenges that life threw his way could Jim find happiness and thrive in his career.
The inaugural Universal FanCon (FanCon) is the first large-scale, 24-hour, inclusive event that celebrates the diversity of fans, the diversity of fandom, the true needs of those who love pop culture and a celebration of the differences that make us strong. Hosted at the Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, MD, April 27-29, 2018, FanCon's mission is to create a sense of belonging by providing authentic connections and experiences through fan-centric parties, programs, panels and partners.