12 Amazing Christmas Light Displays
The time for Christmas lights has arrived! To help celebrate the season, here are some shots of the best lighting displays in the U.S. and around the world. Enjoy.
1. Atlanta Botanical Gardens, Georgia
Sarah Keith, burnaway.org
Sarah Keith, burnaway.org
2. Hartwood Holiday Light Display, Pittsburg, PA
3. Hollidazzle Parade, Minneapolis, MN
4. The Streets of London (in order): Covent Garden, Oxford Street, & Regent Street
Charlotte Machin Photography
Via Wikimedia Commons
5. The Ion Orchard Mall, Singapore
6. Light of the Ozarks Display, Fayetteville, AR
7. Champs Elysees, Paris
8. Miracle on 34th Street, Baltimore, MD
9. The Lights in Medellin, Columbia
10. Denver County Building and Union Station
Mile High Life, blogspot.com
11. Winter Illuminations, Nabana No Sato Botanical Garden in Kuwana Japan
12. And of course, Rockefeller Center
If we're missing some good light shows, let us know!
4.6 million people in the U.S. live with a developmental disability... and that hasn't stopped these people from achieving their dreams! There are literally thousands of people and organizations supporting those with special needs. These 7 inspiring organizations and individuals are proof that once you put your mind to something, and are given a little bit of help, anything is possible!
Inclusion Films, started by veteran filmmaker Joey Travolta (brother of actor John Travolta) in 2007, is a teaching studio for aspiring filmmakers with developmental disabilities.
BUILD is a non-profit organization that uses entrepreneurship to ignite the potential of the youth who are most at-risk of dropping out of high school. More specifically, BUILD supplements traditional education with the skills to develop and run their own small businesses.
They're known around the world for their viral Flashmob Spinning Marriage Proposal video and with the wedding quickly approaching, Adam Keller & Jared Marinelli are kicking it into high-gear to get all the last minute details done for their big day!
Every two years Greenfield Hill Congregational Church in Fairfield, Connecticut displays thousands of flags in honor and remembrance of the American men and women who've fallen in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. The site is truly amazing!
Tracy's Dogs is a not-for-profit National Rescue & Transport Initiative for shelter dogs. The focus of the program is to rescue and rehabilitate dogs with pending euthanasia dates residing in kill shelters with the hope of putting them up for adoption to find forever homes!