11 Of The Best Things That Have Already Happened In 2013
1. Amazeballs was added to the dictionary.
As were these gems: mwahahaha, ridic, lolz, guilty pleasure, and dirty martini.
2. Tina Fey and Amy Polher hosted the Golden Globes.
3. Ryan Gosling referred to his muscles as pets:
"After a while they're like pets because they don't do anything useful. But you have to feed them and take care of them otherwise they'll go away. I feel a bit goofy having them, to tell you the truth." -Herald Sun
4. A high school teacher left an encouraging, and heart-warming message on a student's coming out essay:
5. A group of men protested the the idea that "women who dress immodestly invite rape."
6. These kittens discovered a cereal box.
7. The Huffington Post put together a montage of men freaking out over dogs they love (warning--this will reduce you to a pile of goop on the floor).
Here's a teaser:
8. Trey Parker, and Matt Stone, creators of South Park and The Book of Mormon, will be starting their own production company.
9. 21-month old, Owen Kopinski of Addison, Illinois, proved he might be a golf prodigee:
10. A 7-year-old boy reunited a man with his sister after being apart for 65 years.
11. And these dogs rushed a live soccer game, proving that not all streaking is awkward and pasty.
BUILD is a non-profit organization that uses entrepreneurship to ignite the potential of the youth who are most at-risk of dropping out of high school. More specifically, BUILD supplements traditional education with the skills to develop and run their own small businesses.
They're known around the world for their viral Flashmob Spinning Marriage Proposal video and with the wedding quickly approaching, Adam Keller & Jared Marinelli are kicking it into high-gear to get all the last minute details done for their big day!
Every two years Greenfield Hill Congregational Church in Fairfield, Connecticut displays thousands of flags in honor and remembrance of the American men and women who've fallen in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. The site is truly amazing!
Tracy's Dogs is a not-for-profit National Rescue & Transport Initiative for shelter dogs. The focus of the program is to rescue and rehabilitate dogs with pending euthanasia dates residing in kill shelters with the hope of putting them up for adoption to find forever homes!
Therapeutic horseback riding can make all the difference! A New Canaan, CT-based therapeutic riding program called New Canaan Mounted Troop, not only helps kids and adults build leadership, responsibility, and confidence through sound horsemanship, but it also enriches the lives of individuals with special needs through equine-assisted activities.
The Human Hug Project is made up of three people with three different lives, but all face one obstacle- PTSD. Together, they are the Human Hug Project. Ian Michael is a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Gino Greganti is a veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom. Erin Greganti is a Marine Corps wife who experienced war and its aftermath at home.